Several members of our dealer community joined the VADA team last month at the National Automobile Dealers Association’s annual Washington Conference. This two-day event helps educate a national audience of dealers on important legislative and regulatory initiatives and inspire advocacy at the federal level.
Day 1 featured a luncheon, speakers, and seminars on legislative and regulatory priorities. Day 2 offered some of the same and allowed dealers nationwide to visit their elected representatives in Washington. Events were held at the JW Marriott and on Capitol Hill.
NADA’s current legislative priorities center on trade, recalls, and the federal excise tax on heavy duty trucks. Regulatory hot topics include the Military Lending Act, a proposed amendment to the Federal Trade Commission’s Safeguards Rule, and voluntary protection products, among others.
Check out these one-page NADA overviews of:
Thanks for your participation
Several members of Virginia’s dealer community were on hand for the conference. We want to give special thanks to these participants:
- Bruce Farrell, dealer principal, Berglund Auto Group (NADA Director for Virginia)
- Mike Suttle, dealer principal, Suttle Motors (NADA Director for Virginia Elect)
- Geoff Pohanka, dealer principal, Pohanka Automotive Group
- Pete Kesterson, general manager, Don Beyer Volvo
- John Altman, chief operating officer, Beyer Automotive Group
We look forward to next year’s Washington Conference and every opportunity to support your business and advance the automotive industry.