Sign Up to Join: Electric utilities set to promote VA’s EV Dealerships
Note: D+R International is a VADA Allied Member. These are businesses with a product or service offering of interest to member dealers. If you are interested in becoming an Allied member, contact Natalie Toler.
Nine electric cooperatives in Virginia (plus two in Maryland and Delaware) are encouraging their customers to purchase electric vehicles. Together, these cooperatives provide electricity to about 1.5 million customers.
Each cooperative’s website provides in-depth information about EVs, fuel savings, and incentives available through an interactive online application called ChooseEV. And in the next few months, the cooperatives will also list dealerships that sell electric vehicles, making it easier for customers to find stores that sell these innovative cars.
To participate, dealerships must sell EVs within a certain geographical boundary and answer a few questions. We encourage every VADA member who sells EVs to sign up here.
The ChooseEV information on the websites and forthcoming dealer directory is made possible by D+R International, a VADA Allied Member whose mission is to develop and support programs that encourage the adoption of more energy efficient, carbon-neutral products. DRIVE by D+R is a newer division of the company that is working to transform utilities, energy organizations, and auto dealers to prepare for the coming EV wave. D+R offers expertise in engineering, training, and consultative services that dealers can tap into. If you are interested in learning more, contact John Morris at 503-310-2987 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For dealers, D+R offers:
- Charger Selection for Dealer Lots
- Utility Time-of-Use Rate Charging Strategy
- On-site Charger Installation Management
- EV Sales Cheat Sheets
- Utility Directory Listing
- Educational Content Delivery and Training
- EV Industry Update Webinars
- Utility as Market Partner
- EV Installer Network for your EV Customers
- Tools for Selling Used EVs
- Used EV Dealerships – Case Studies in Best Practices
- Champion EV Dealers – Case Studies in Best Practices
- Steps to become a Champion EV Dealer
- EV Trucks – They are Coming, What Dealers Need to Know
“We are excited and pleased at the progress D+R is making in identifying locations where our cooperative members can purchase EVs as an enhancement to the ChooseEV education tool already available on our Cooperatives’ websites,” says Catherine Powers, VP, Member Services & Strategic Electrification, Old Dominion Electric Cooperative (ODEC). “Virginia’s Electric Cooperatives are always looking for ways to help their member-owners...easy access to auto dealers who sell EVs is just one example of our commitment to member service.”
The electric cooperatives that will list dealers are:
- A&N Electric Cooperative
- BARC Electric Cooperative
- Community Electric Cooperative
- Northern Neck Electric Cooperative
- Prince George Electric Cooperative
- Rappahannock Electric Cooperative
- Shenandoah Valley Electric Cooperative
- Southside Electric Cooperative
- Mecklenberg Electric Cooperative