The Latest from Virginia
- Delta variant guidance (August 20, 2021)
- Checklist: Complying with the Virginia Occupational Safety and Health (VOSH) Standard for COVID-19 (September 8, 2021)
- View Virginia's COVID-19 workplace safety requirements and VADA Q&A (updated January 2021)
Gov. Northam's Executive Orders
- July 1: Executive Order 67 moves all of Virginia into Phase 3. Learn more here.
- June 2: Executive Order 65 moves most of Virginia into Phase 2. Read the impact on dealerships.
- May 26: Executive Order 63 has mandated mask use in public spaces. Read our overview here, and Governor Northam's FAQ on face coverings.
- May 8: Executive Order 61 revises Executive Orders 53 and 55. Read about how it impacts dealerships.
- Governor Northam's site
- All Executive Orders
- Review the plan for reopening: Forward Virginia
- See how Virginia's Executive Orders stack up to those in other states (updated May 27)
- Governor Northam's Executive Orders' FAQs
Virginia Executive Directives
- Effective May 27, 2020 unless amended or rescinded by further Executive Directive.
- Reflects DMV’s phased reopening, which began May 18, 2020.
- Extends the validity of every driver, vehicle, special identification, and driver credential set to expire on or before July 31, 2020, for up to 90 days not to exceed August 31, 2020.
- Effective April 23, 2020 until July 31, 2020 unless amended or rescinded.
- Requires the Virginia State Police to suspend enforcement of motor vehicle safety inspections.
More from Virginia Government
- Additional information on all of the Governor's executive actions
- Get more news releases from the Governor
- Get the most recent data on the COVID-19 spread and safety information from the Virginia Department of Health
- Gov. Northam has suspended enforcement of annual safety inspections until July 31, 2020
- Virginia State Government COVID-19 Resource Center
The content on this webpage is not intended as legal advice. If you require legal advice, please contact your attorney. The content on this webpage reflects information at the time the content was created and, given the changing circumstances surrounding COVID-19, is subject to change at any time.